Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wanted: Chivalry and Sorcery, Second Edition

In keeping with my recent fascination with all things FGU, I've found myself wanting to acquire a copy of the second edition boxed set of Chivalry and Sorcery. For some reason, it's quite difficult to get a hold of a copy of the game through the usual avenues for old and out of print RPGs.

The thing is that, unlike many of the old RPGs I've been seeking out over the last couple of years, the odds of my ever actually playing C&S are slim to none, so I'm not desperate for a copy of this. Plus, I have a copy of the set on more or less permanent loan from a reader of the blog who kindly sent it to me over a year ago. Still, I'd like my own copy of the thing to add to my games library, as it's a very fascinating design and there are bits and pieces of it I can see myself swiping for use in other games.

So, if anyone out there comes across a copy at a reasonable price, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. I've been looking for an inexpensive copy of this for years now, with no results. I'm sure you'll have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a kick where I'm interested in what might be called "rules heavy" fantasy roleplaying games: AD&D, Rolemaster, Palladium Fantasy, Runequest 2nd edition, and I found myself last week casually trying to locate a copy of C&S 2nd edition to no avail. Oddly the earlier red cover rules seem to be more readily available.

    I guess most everybody whose got their copy of C&S 2nd isn't willing to part with it. . .

    I'll second blizack in saying: "Good hunting!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sold of a copy of this about a month ago to a place in cleveland called warzone matrix (216)433 1316 It was still in the box plus had sourcebook 1 and 2 and saurians sourcebook as well as the judges guild GM screen. I dont know if they do mail order business but you give them a call and find out. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no box but just saw it on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200558131364&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have five boxed sets...might be persuaded to sell a copy.

    ReplyDelete