Monday, July 30, 2012

Countdown

As I write this, there's just a little over 24 hours left till the end of James Raggi's "Grand Adventure Campaign" on Indiegogo. Of the original 19 adventure pitches, two have funded so far -- those by Jeff Rients and Vincent Baker -- but several others stand a good chance of funding too, most notably Kelvin Green's "Horror Among Thieves." Kelvin's is a particularly interesting one, not only because he's a great guy and the subject matter of his adventure is intriguing, but because (in the words of Raggi):
If Horror Among Thieves does NOT fund, LotFP will still be publishing the adventure. It won’t necessarily be on the same timetable as if it were to fund, but we’ll put it out.
Anyone contributing $10+ to the campaign will get the adventure PDF, WHETHER OR NOT THE CAMPAIGN FUNDS.
Anyone contributing $20+ to the campaign will get the physical book, WHETHER OR NOT THE CAMPAIGN FUNDS.
Monte Cook also contributed an adventure to the campaign, "The Unbegotten Citadel," and anyone who contributes $100 or more to get it funded will receive a free PDF copy of Cook's Ptolus, which is itself worth $60.

There are several other freebies and special deals for contributors to this campaign -- too many in fact for me to keep track of. If you want to keep abreast of them, your best bet is to head over to James Raggi's blog, where I have little doubt he'll be posting like crazy between now and 11:59 PM Pacific Time on July 31, 2012.

4 comments:

  1. You are very kind James. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelvin Green's campaign is actually quite close now. I ended up moving funds from a campaign I had originally funded to his this afternoon. I suspect more of this will happen as it becomes clear some of the other campaigns are clearly not going to fund. (A tragedy!)


    I'm hoping some of these adventures see the light of day once this is all done. Keven Crawford's adventure sounded particularly good, and in an interview he did it also sounded like it was mostly done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be surprised to see the House of Bone and Amber show up as a Red Tide adventure eventually, since it's rough-draft complete already. But when I have multiple fun projects, I tend to bow to the market when it comes to telling me what to work on next. The folks who backed HoBaA were generous, and I'll see if I can't slip the rough draft to the big backers anyway, but right now I've got a small fantasy project under wraps that I'm trying to get done by the end of September.

    I'm pleased to see the other adventures funding, though, and that Kelvin Green has good prospects. They all look like excellent work and well-worthy of the support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love hate relationship with Kickstarter campaigns; you have to clue in during those thirty days or so or you've missed the boat entirely (which I unfortunately did with these ... I read the above post and got there a couple of hours too late).

    ReplyDelete