Monday, July 9, 2012

OSRCon 2012

I've mentioned this before, but, since it's only a little over a month away (August 10-11), I'm going to plug OSRCon, a two-day minicon held here in Toronto and dedicated to old school gaming. Like last year, Ed Greenwood will be one of the guests of honor, running an AD&D 2e adventure, as well as participating in a panel discussion. Also attending will be Tunnels & Trolls creator, Ken St. Andre, who'll be refereeing T&T adventures on both Friday and Saturday. Other games include Boot Hill, RuneQuest, Labyrinth Lord, and my own OD&D-based Dwimmermount sessions.

Registration costs $25 CAD and you can see the schedule of available games here. I had a lot of fun at last year's inaugural con and I have little doubt this year's will be just as enjoyable, particularly since Ken St. Andre will be there. Ken's a great guy and was there at the beginning of it all, so having the chance to talk with him and play in his game will be quite a treat. If you're anywhere near Toronto in early August, consider dropping by and joining us.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like your event is already full. Wish I could be there, looks like a fun couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also taking part will be Lawrence Whitaker, co-author of RuneQuest 6 (and MRQII/Legend), as well as many supplements for Elric!/Stormbringer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be there, but if you get a chance, try to get in on one of Ken's games. He's a good guy, and kind of a local legend here in PHX. Shot the breeze with him for a few minutes at a local con here a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother and I have signed up. Looking forward to playing some D&D and Labyrinth Lord. I hope to me you in person. Really enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping to go this year, but once again, I can't attend. Gah. Pretty lousy for someone who lives a mere 100km away.

    ReplyDelete